Welcome to Fluctuations of the Mind…our studio blog.
Patanjali begins the Yoga Sutras, the ancient yoga texts, by defining yoga as ‘citta vrtti nirodaha’ (Yoga Sutra 1.2) which is often translated simply as 'Yoga is the ability to calm/direct/restrain the fluctuations of the consciousness/mind’. Here, we present thoughts, musings, topics of interest (we hope), or, the fluctuations of our minds. Oftentimes in writing down our thoughts we can make better sense of them, so we’d encourage you to submit your own if you’re so inclined. Read on!
- May 13, 2019 Instructor Focus: Ava Butzu May 13, 2019
- May 6, 2019 Practising studio etiquette through the observation of Patanjali's 8 limbs of yoga May 6, 2019
- April 2019
- Mar 25, 2019 Taking the Plunge Mar 25, 2019
- Mar 11, 2019 How do a Winnebago, a Spartan, Publishers Clearing House and a Teacup all relate to life coaching? Mar 11, 2019
- Mar 4, 2019 tangerine Mar 4, 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019